Author Topic: Gøtterdammerung  (Read 151086 times)

Offline Teuthis

Re: Gøtterdammerung
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2017, 09:11:20 AM »
Your problem is on the first picture. You use "alertentity missile projection" but your ctf_spawns still carry the name as in the prefab. You always have to check that you either stick to the names in the original prefabs or you need to change also the targetnamesof your ctf entities in your map file.

Sloppy you... :)
Life is a shitty game but the graphic is awesome

Offline Devils Right Hand

• TWT mastermapper 2015
  • TWT Admin
  • ET Lover
  • better a slave in heaven as a star in hell
    • View Profile
    • Wolfenstein et mapping
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2017, 08:42:47 AM »
so again that i understand
------------------------------------------

first alies spawn team_WOLF_objective got the description Allied Camp

scriptname is allied_camp_wobj

targetname is allied_camp_wobj

if i change now the description in santa/FORREST/STORAGE

then i have to change the scriptname and  targetname the same name as description right as santa_wobj  right - this i have to change in all 3 team_WOLF_objective?!

but i dont know it you know that i dont know much of scriptz, i only change the description all time in my maps and not the scriptname /targetname too , that you can told me early  ::) ;D (landmine)

edit --------

i change all now and as axi im at second spawn at map start again - i have marked startactive as axis, pics are beter there you see down

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:16:06 PM by Devils Right Hand »

Offline acqu

« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2017, 08:15:06 PM »
http://www.thewolfteam.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=337.0;attach=3625;image

Remove those waits please devil wtf are you doing? :DD (leave the first wait 500 in though)

if i change now the description in santa/FORREST/STORAGE

then i have to change the scriptname and  targetname the same name as description right as santa_wobj  right

No. Devil, look at this pic here: http://www.thewolfteam.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=337.0;attach=3639;image On the right it says that description field is just a string which shows on the command map. It has nothing to do with scriptname or targetname. BUT: it is also used for setautospawn command. Look here: http://games.chruker.dk/enemy_territory/scripting_reference.php

P.S. well, i try to explain scriptname here: http://www.thewolfteam.org/wiki/how-most-stuff-works/ It is just a name for the script blocks inside your script, so the engine finds the related code in the mapscript for your thing or entity.

The targetname is just a name inside the bsp file of your map. You use the targetname once you reached the mapscript already and are inside of it executing some code. So you talk from the mapscript to entities with this targetname. Most of the time scriptname and targetname is the same though, but there is a difference. To keep it short: description key has nothing to do with targetname/scriptname.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:38:59 PM by acqu »

Offline Teuthis

« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2017, 09:23:57 PM »
Acqu is correct but for folks not completely understanding I do recommend a golden rule: do take a running prefab and put it in your map. Do not change scriptname or targetname unless you know what you are doing. Keep everything as in the prefab and copy the working script part from the prefab into your map.

@Devils Right Hand your problem is that you are messing with script- and targetnames without reason and without knowing how the script- and targetnames of your entity relate to your script. That's why you should keep everything identical to the running prefab.

If you just use the exact same script- and targetnames asin my tutorial, then my script will work for you. Just don't mess around with the targetnames

http://www.thewolfteam.org/cmdownloads/pro-scripting-02-spawn-points/

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:26:39 PM by Teuthis »

• TWT mastermapper 2015
  • TWT Admin
  • ET Lover
    • View Profile
    • Wolfenstein et mapping
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2017, 12:53:05 AM »
kk i rename all like the original oasis scipt back , only the description i let as missile production now

so i read one time your script but in half i let the tut and looked at oasis flagspawn prefab , now i read the hole again tut and 1 i found that is not in the oasis flagspawn in

what i dont get it is , when you look oasis flagspawn and your flag tut ,you teuthis add at the second axis spawn in the tut  the team_CTF_redspawn a targetname as axis_garrison_wobj

but in the oasis axis second spawn the team_CTF_redspawn is no targetname axis_garrison_wobj , you all can look on the source map what they add

for me i dont know what is now right ?! , your tut or from original mapper oasis flagspawn

first two pics is oasis prefab i dont have change nothing , second pic is your tut
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 01:02:35 AM by Devils Right Hand »

Offline Teuthis

« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2017, 07:29:24 AM »
If you use this tutorial and if you stick to the exact same script and targetnames, then you can just copy the scriptpart from siwa_teuthonia and everything will work. It works for siwa teuthonia when you play the map so I can ensure you that this will work.

If you make aprefab from the oasis source file and if youstick to the script and targetnames in this prefab, you can use the oasis script and copy thisin your script.

Offline Mateos

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2017, 09:19:46 PM »
In very old maps you have that link between the yellow entity and its spawn points, but it shouldn't be required (also makes the display more busy) ^^'

alertentity on a spawn is usually used to switch the team of it btw (see Oasis Old City spawn).

Hope you can sort this out, it's always a pain to have issues with spawn entities :<

• TWT mastermapper 2015
  • TWT Admin
  • ET Lover
    • View Profile
    • Wolfenstein et mapping
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2017, 04:29:27 PM »
side note 2

[offtopic]

im fixing mountain brush beta4 spawnflag and the rest of the brushes what are missing

so i make in mountain brush the same as oasis prefab and the original script and the second axis spawn marked as startactive  (medic)(landmine) when i go to test mountain brush for the flag as axis at map start , i was at the first axis spawn - then i switch to alies and again to axis i switch i was again at axis first spawn - when i capture the flag as alies, and i switch here as axis im at the second spawn
- so here all works the flag there was no error by me - the oasis flag prefab works
 [/offtopic]

so why the flag work in mountain brush and not in götterdemerung , this i only to tell you all what hapend in my other map

• TWT mastermapper 2015
  • TWT Admin
  • ET Lover
    • View Profile
    • Wolfenstein et mapping
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2017, 10:52:14 AM »
i maked a new ugly command map

and i remove some lights that the map have some shadows later
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:53:51 AM by Devils Right Hand »

Offline Ray

« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2017, 12:50:43 PM »
When can we test this map?
ray@wolfwatch.eu
Discord Chat: Ray#3829

• TWT mastermapper 2015
  • TWT Admin
  • ET Lover
    • View Profile
    • Wolfenstein et mapping
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2017, 01:26:15 PM »
now where i update and fix my .tga models where was some santa problem  :shadernotex:, in crph and gotterdemrung i add only for now my bushes/grass models

now all 4 maps are ready i compile to final and i send niek the maps later,maybe he got weekend time that we test them @Ray

Who's Online