Install gtk radiant 1.6
So you wanna learn how to map?
well first thing you need to achieve is the GTK RADIANT, you can get the latest version here at ICULLUS
download and save it to a place you know where is.
also if you are on windows you have to download and install Visual c++ redisributable that you find under the GTK link.
after you installed vcred you can find your gtk and open it in a zip program of your choice. make yourself a folder somewhere on your machine and call “mapping” or something.
Ektract it there.
Now you need to install wolfenstein also in same folder, never use your gaming ET for mapping as it will only cause problems for you.
So with a new fresh install of wolf alongside the gtk, go into the folder and find Installs folder.
go into ETpack and rightclick and mark the 2 folders in that folder and copy it over to wolfenstein.
Now its time to go into gtk folder and fire up gtk for very first time.go into the gtk folder and find the program “radiant”
Now lets do a little check that you got it working
at the upper menu choose: textures and see that default textures shows up in the list like it does here:
if it does, you are ready to start mapping, or else you will need to do the procedyre again to get it right.
setting up GTK
First fast map you can run around in
- How most stuff works
- First mapscript
- Steal and Deliver Docs
- Battery Frontdoors
- Fueldump Garage Doors
- Install gtk radiant 1.6
- Setting up you GTK radiant
- The Arena file
- Moving water
- Terrain Blending tutorial - Saberpeak
- Getting a map to run in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
- Multiple Command maps
- More entities for ET/ Radiant
- Teleporter in ET
- Random maps
- Smoke - reference
- curved pathway
- Terrain making with EasyGen by Hubas
- Light phase minor switches
- VIS phase minor switches
- BSP phase minor switches:
- Q3Map2-specific entity keys:
- [SOLVED] assertion failure: FaceTexdef_exportTokens: bad texdef
- The Dog!’s Ten Quick-n-Dirty steps to a SIMPLE room:
- Simple command-maps in Photoshop