Normal maps and how to not make them
How to create a normal map
Created by James O’Hare. Click to enlarge.
- Normalize the vectors in indexVBO_TBN before the addition and see what it does.
- Visualize other vectors (for instance, EyeDirection_tangentspace) in color mode, and try to make sense of what you see
Tools & Links
- Crazybump , a great tool to make normal maps. Not free.
- Nvidia’s photoshop plugin. Free, but photoshop isn’t…
- Make your own normal maps out of several photos
- Make your own normal maps out of one photo
- Some more info on matrix transpose