About This File
// Bergen v3
// 20.10.2018 Cedric 'keMoN' E.
This map is an overhaul of the original Bergen map created by Detoeni and the Wolf Project.
As part of the ET: Legacy asset creation effort certain maps are being overhauled.
Those maps have been selected for their stable gameplay, even in a competitive environment.
Please refer to the original_bergen_readme.txt for information, credits and contacts of the original map.
to previous version:
• Fixed caulk in terrain at forward bunker and northern courtyard. Thank you ryven for reporting.
• Fixed side entrance being unplantable when footbridge was constructed. Thank you Harlekin for reporting.
• Fixed missing footbridge related VO sound for Axis
• Fixed bug where sound wouldn't play when main entrance got destroyed
• Fixed 3 terrain spots where it was possible for the player to either get stuck or be obstructed in their way. Thank you Harlekin for reporting.
• Added cabinet marker in the command map. Thank you IR4T4 and Ensiform for reporting.
• Added lights in forward bunker. Thank you Ensiform for reporting.
• Added audible feedback to generator door levers when generator is destroyed.
• Added base alarm sounding whenever the transmitter area gets breached. This replaces the simple text announcement. Thank you ryven and WuTangH for debugging.
• Added ambient sounds (capturable flag, crickets in nature and birds in trees). Thank you IR4T4 for reporting.
• Adjusted trigger_hurt of v1 rocket to cover entire explosion area. Thank you Harlekin for reporting.
• Adjusted terrain at side entrance to prevent the easiest TJs. Thank you Aciz and ryven for extensive feedback.
• Adjusted MG murderhole at side entrance to reduce shooting against the insides. Also adjusted its varc. Thank you ryven for reporting.
• Adjusted tree at side path to no longer be partially inside the cliff. Thank you Harlekin for reporting.
• Replaced generator command map icon with standard icons to clarify mission objective. Thank you Harlekin for reporting.
• Replaced tree between forward bunker and allied mg blocking line of sight. Thank you Mateos for reporting.
• Removed little tree at side path blocking movement and visibility. Thank you Harlekin for reporting.
• Reduced brushcount of terrain significantly and added hills between forward bunker and rear base to increase VIS blocking and performance. Thank you Aciz and ryven for reporting.
• VO announcements have been adapted by Radar.
-- As long as both Main and Side Entrance are active VO is: "defend/destroy entrances"
-- As soon as one has been breached VO is: "defend/destroy the side OR main entrance"
• VO announcements for the Footbridge have been added.
• Alarm now sounds in the entire base when either the Side- or Main Entrance have been breached instead of separated alarms.
• The snapping of the tank at certain view-angles has been fixed
• If the Allies hold both the Forward Bunker flag and the CP, the flag is "temporarily secured" until the CP is lost again.
• The Forward Door (before Transmitter Door 3) is now linked to the generator.
• Spectator limbo cam has been fixed (was inside of terrain).
• Construciton materials have been made in the style of original maps.
• Teleporter and secret room have been removed.
• Axis rear spawn has been restructured to allow for faster exit.
• Plane shooting down the tank has been replaced with a V1 Rocket to create narrative link to V1_Rocket map by FireFly.
• Entity count has been reduced from 568 to 519.
• Structural mesh and VIS blocking have been improved by adjusting vertical differences of the floors.
• Visual changes have been made.
Brush count: 15.520
Patch count: 811
Entity count (total): 1.517
Entity count (ingame): 524
Compile parameters: [q3map2] -meta -v -mv 1024 -mi 6144 "[MapFile]"
[q3map2] -vis -saveprt -v "[MapFile]"
[q3map2] -light -samples 4 -samplesize 8 -v -thresh 0.05 -patchshadows -dirty -dirtdepth 256 -external -lightmapsize 512 -shade -bounce 2 "[MapFile]"
The mapfile is included.
Primary Objective: Stop the Allies from destroying the Transmitter.
Secondary Objective: Prevent the Allies from repairing the Generator.
Secondary Objective: Set up a Command Post inside the submarine pen.
Secondary Objective: Prevent the Allies from gaining a foothold in the Forward Bunker.
Secondary Objective: Prevent the Allies from destroying the Side Entrance.
Primary Objective: Destroy the Transmitter.
Secondary Objective: Repair the Generator.
Secondary Objective: Set up a Command Post in the submarine pen to secure the forward bunker.
Secondary Objective: Capture the Forward Bunker.
Secondary Objective: Destroy the Side Entrance.