Thunder

The "Master plan" , the begining...

I know there have been discussion about what engine to use, but I think we should go with unreal AS it has most tutorials for both game itself and for leveldesign.
I will first try on a 1stperson "edit" to see if I actually can get in a player for us.
I just finnished up a coop on a 3rd person game, but third person is actually easier, atleast when its a singleplayer thingy.
I'll give you updates in these forums as I go

• Like 2

Generally speaking guns and characters are made last in a game because they age the fastest. Now im not sure what kind of game you are making but it doesnt look like any type of ww2 allied I know of.

Dont wanna hit you down but that could serve as a placeholder, as for the actual model I would go for something more historical

ok,it seems your blueprint change worked @WuTangH so thanx, we can even see our breast standing now 🙂

tho he do seems wierd in editor 🙂

camerahead.png.3a4f106e5d73a1f8b80ffb375ec8f23d.png

added a health bar and a armor bar, not sure atm with the last one tho, maybe use it for helmet or something... we'll see660424856_healthandarmor.thumb.png.591fb2216852589a6a277fd33b37a255.png

• Like 1

ok, got "landmine" working, playing a sound when you step on it, and when you walk further.. Bang!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

ok, got "landmine" working, playing a sound when you step on it, and when you walk further.. Bang!

Can you post an example here of the mine? @Thunder

there is not much to post yet @Ray

there is no model yet, just a blueprint added in the level

wich works ok, because you cant see a landmine 🙂

This looks stunning. I played around with the Unreal editor and actually like it. But the scripting part is a real uphill battle for me...

12 hours ago, Teuthis said:

This looks stunning. I played around with the Unreal editor and actually like it. But the scripting part is a real uphill battle for me...

Dont think so, when you first follow a tutorial you would soon get the hang of it

btw, would be nice if you had some time to look at mapping to the project 😉

image.thumb.png.1e8d570745d1baabd536036f10c794ea.png

We are shooting bullets!, look to the right of crosshair and you see it

• Like 1

been quite silent here, sorry...

I had to go around another round, and atm I cant set this up the same as our old game wich we love so much.

So what I am gonna try this time is to do this all the way from the start ingame.

starting with the main menu wich look like this atm:

image.thumb.png.662f073b491b95848ea4f1d63f6bb31f.png

we actually have to select the team here at the moment and then when button is pressed it will go to an axis menu or allied menu for the different classes.

Do we need more buttons here or does this work?

• Like 1

That could work.  No more buttons needed IMO.

sorry for the silence here on this thread, got caught up in some dev work at ETLegacy, will be that from time to time.

in repo atm, the spawns doesnt work like I would like.

somehow this should be in the gamemode Blueprint. I just havent figured out a good way todo it yet.

Need to get more familiar on how the engine work.

On 1/1/2019 at 10:56 AM, Thunder said:

Dont think so, when you first follow a tutorial you would soon get the hang of it

btw, would be nice if you had some time to look at mapping to the project 😉

What I#ve seen so far is absolutely fabulous!!!