Thunder

Character Discussion

Ok guys,

Need an opinion here.. sitting and thinking of setting up the Characters(playermodels) of the Game.

I think the easy way would be this:

- one character for each team

- modify character with different gears and weapons depending on what class they are( soldier, medic and so on)

opinions?

and for even further making things simple, I think I will use just one skeleton..

This is for when we then make the "Sockets" for attaching things they will be the same..

I think the head and helmet should be separated models so you can choose the face for your profile and then change the helmets and other attributes depending on class/rank/faction

4 classes?,

Support/medic, engineer/objective, sniper/recon and soldier/demolition

I think airstrikes are a bit mehh and not really needed, the soldiers can have an anti tank grenade and the recoon/sniper could call artillery

Maybe have a loadout option for sniper class so they get scoped rifle or smg + binoculars, if a recon then uses the binoculars he/she can call artillery.

The problem with the field ops in et is that airstrikes are just used for heavy spawnkilling and thats the only perk of that class, and if you give away ammo you wont be able to use the airstrike so idk, i think the soldiers should use a improved demolition grenade, the recons can call artillery and ammo should be dropped by all enemies and teammates that dies.

Would be awesome if there was lets say 2 female faces to choose from as well if we can make a total of 6-7 heads with different hairstyles ages etc.

On 1/27/2019 at 8:07 PM, Thunder said:

Ok guys,

Need an opinion here.. sitting and thinking of setting up the Characters(playermodels) of the Game.

I think the easy way would be this:

- one character for each team

- modify character with different gears and weapons depending on what class they are( soldier, medic and so on)

opinions?

This sounds like a good start. +1 for female as macchute said, if possible.

I will do 5 classes, just like ET.

But Fops wont have the same way to call airstrike

and no female for now, will have that on todo list.. For Kate and other girls

well.. we got to basic players

image.thumb.png.9c2bcf8bdaa57d064cf2bbb24af20e5a.png

but still need to adjust textures and stuff

• Like 1

I urge to make the teams easy to distinguish. Like light brown skins for allies and dark grey for axis. Nothing is more disturbing than accidental team kills 🙂

but the characters look appealing so far 🙂

I also would think on what you can implement character wise that brings ET to the next level, and I mean not graphic and engine wise. What character and skills can we benefit from that donˋt exist in ET? Maybe think on scenarios where it's not simply infantery soldiers that are battling each other. What about scenarios for air force, marines, special forces, SWAT. Each scenario might have it's own set of characters. Quite challanging but certainly appealing...

Also, not only skins help to distinguish the characters and team but also the gesture and way characters move. If each character is unique in certain movements etc, then this helps to clearly distinguish the characters

Looking nice, looks like the guns are a bit on the smaller side and they lean backwards too much, check any yt video where people shoot some weapon and you'll see (check if left or right feet should be forward btw).

The gaiters seems to be too short or missing on the allied?

Also the allied jacket is way too shiny, you'll need to lower that setting a lot, axis should be lowered as well but not as much, also increase brightness and decrease the colour intensity on the allied

Trench coat would help to see which team you should pew pew but that require some work, however I know UE4 support some form of hanging fabric tho.

edit: this guy know how to shoot properly

Kind of cool if we could use a hip fire animation too where the hip fire makes you less accurate but allows for slightly faster movement. I mean proper shooting stances look pretty weird in games where you full on run