Sign in to follow this  
Thunder

We need more people to join our ue4 project

We need more 3d modellers, Blueprint makers, 2d gfx and so on.

If you feel you can contribute to anything, let us know!

Cheers!

well my laptop works again, after going through the adventure of installing arch and becoming a linux chad, will try to install blender and see if I get lucky with that as well 🤣

• Like 2

We are still in need of props to levels, if you stumble across anything we can use or can donate a model to us we are more than happy 🙂

even such etuff as crates and barrels are cool.

So if anyone got anyting, show it to us and lets decide

• Like 2

On 5/25/2019 at 11:07 PM, Thunder said:

We are still in need of props to levels, if you stumble across anything we can use or can donate a model to us we are more than happy 🙂

even such etuff as crates and barrels are cool.

So if anyone got anyting, show it to us and lets decide

Hi guys, have you taken a look on the ET2 project?

We have the whole crossfire.nu community behind us which means hundreds of people. We also have a growing team, and we are just short of the developers. What you guys think, maybe we can help each others out? 🙂

• Like 2

hey, @Swick, first of all welcome to Our humble comunity.

And to answear your question, Yes I have taken a look at your project ET2. Wich indeed looks promising. And just so it should be clearified: We are not competiton to your project. We are not planning an ET2.

Our project will have some of the stuff you find in ET but also other stuff you wont find in ET. And its merely a hobby freetime project. Of course if there is anything special you need.Something spesific maybe I or @WuTangH Is able to help you. mostly with models that is tho. Our project is purely BP for the moment.Havent done any sniffing on code yet.

But we do have 2 teams, 5 spesific just like ET classes.

but still there is work todo. I need to make those classes more spesific than just the same model and a name like medic or soldier.. but from time to time I am doing changes and getting there. Getting 100% involved in your ET2 isnt anything for me, I need to honest. I the kinda guy who makes 3 ET maps, help a little on etlegacy, doing some models, and some ue4 stuff at the same time so... not really me. I cant speak for other TWT members or admins and they are free to join in to help you if they like.

hope this is an ok answear, even tho it was probably not what you were hoping for.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thunder said:

hey, @Swick, first of all welcome to Our humble comunity.

And to answear your question, Yes I have taken a look at your project ET2. Wich indeed looks promising. And just so it should be clearified: We are not competiton to your project. We are not planning an ET2.

Our project will have some of the stuff you find in ET but also other stuff you wont find in ET. And its merely a hobby freetime project. Of course if there is anything special you need.Something spesific maybe I or @WuTangH Is able to help you. mostly with models that is tho. Our project is purely BP for the moment.Havent done any sniffing on code yet.

But we do have 2 teams, 5 spesific just like ET classes.

but still there is work todo. I need to make those classes more spesific than just the same model and a name like medic or soldier.. but from time to time I am doing changes and getting there. Getting 100% involved in your ET2 isnt anything for me, I need to honest. I the kinda guy who makes 3 ET maps, help a little on etlegacy, doing some models, and some ue4 stuff at the same time so... not really me. I cant speak for other TWT members or admins and they are free to join in to help you if they like.

hope this is an ok answear, even tho it was probably not what you were hoping for.

Hi, and thank you for really warm welcome. 

To sum it up shortly, I understand the aim of your project. And I think we can help each other. As I saw from your posts you guys do have done some BP work, and are looking to improve the quality level design wise. Since the class select haven't been made in ET2 yet, that would be a thing which would interest us. There are plenty of materials over the internet to do it, but if you guys are willing to help on that part, we are very thankful for it. Also if you see something that you like in our project. Let me know and I can also share some knowledge how we got some of the great models you can see in our game. 

I will join your discord channel soon, and there we can have a little more in depth talk. 

Your answer was totally okay and I approached you guys with no expectations. 
Regards

• Like 3

you may look into our source as much as you want, copy blueprints as much as you want, beware one thing tho atm team classes only work with dedicated server. wich is fine by us since we're making a multiplayer.

I found the idea here:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/community-content-tools-and-tutorials/113346-team-select-in-blue-prints-for-multiplayer

but that was just for the teams, and for me it wasnt fully useable. I wanted to have spawn blobs for mappers so they can relate from earlier ET mapping.
Also I still need to make constructable template and destructable.. destructable I guess wont be that hard in blueprints.. maybe not the other either.. but atm lack of time is the biggest problem.

our source is to be find here @Swick

https://github.com/thewolfteam/TWT_Territory

• Like 1

anyways, do you have a repo? just to see what you have and not have done?

• Like 1

Really like the tutorials from the developers of ultraball game. And thank you for sharing the source. Wouldn't just copy paste anyway, I want to understand the blueprint as well. 
The progress can be seen over Instagram and Youtube, but a quick recap:

-Movement + animations (run, sprint, crouch, prone)
-Weaponslots 2,3,4 with animations, particles and sounds for them (shoot, reload, etc)
-Medpacks working
-Ammopacks working
-Supply map and models (static mesh)
-Two different Character models for each team
-weapons(luger, mp40, thompson) - need to be animated(bolt moving back and forth, magasize change, brass shells etc)

We're most likely to team up with another project that has quake movement replicated and also dedicated/lan server hosting

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Swick said:

Really like the tutorials from the developers of ultraball game. And thank you for sharing the source. Wouldn't just copy paste anyway, I want to understand the blueprint as well. 
The progress can be seen over Instagram and Youtube, but a quick recap:

-Movement + animations (run, sprint, crouch, prone)
-Weaponslots 2,3,4 with animations, particles and sounds for them (shoot, reload, etc)
-Medpacks working
-Ammopacks working
-Supply map and models (static mesh)
-Two different Character models for each team
-weapons(luger, mp40, thompson) - need to be animated(bolt moving back and forth, magasize change, brass shells etc)

We're most likely to team up with another project that has quake movement replicated and also dedicated/lan server hosting

sounds like a good idea, you are gonna need manpower. Else you will just be burnt out and getting nowhere.

If I werent such a noob on ue4 I would probably join in :)

• Like 1

Nice to see someone here from the ET2 project. I saw that teaser video a while back ago, and I must say that it looks amazing. Modern GFX with the same gameplay style would be what many Wolf ET players have been wanting for years. 😀

• Like 1

@Ronboy thank you for the kind words, we will keep pushing forward. @Thunder I really doubt that there's a big skill difference in UE4 between us. I just know what I'm going for, the path is going to be long and rocky, but eventually we'll be there. You are welcome to join us. 🙂

• Like 2

Our project is halted, might get back to it later but I need a break from ww2 and do something else.and I have a stopper when it comes to dedicated server and animation doesnt show to other player regarding control rotation,

This is regarding when you move mouse up and down, then player should bend. It does so in fp view, but not in 3rd view..

so.... until I figure this out... other projects :)

Cheers,

Thunder

• Like 1